Monday, May 11, 2009

Page Markers from the Library of...

I have a show up in the Paul M. Scott Library at Montserrat College of Art. On display is a new installation of the piece Page Markers from the Library of a Deceased Sculptor and His Daughter.




I began collecting these page markers while working for a local painter. Her father was a fairly well known sculptor of the 1950's and part of my job was to organize her and her fathers library. I began to think about the history behind these small pieces of paper, the pages that they marked, and the person who placed them there. The library seemed an ideal place for these to be displayed. I am not sure how long the show will be up at this point, either until the end of this week or next. Many thanks to Chelsea Sams for the opportunity.

1 comment: