Saturday, November 21, 2009

Engage in an activity that generates a record of itself.


On Saturday September 26th at approximately 10:30pm, I glued two squares of canvas to the sole of each shoe, one at the heel and one at the toe. I then left home and went to a dance party. I returned home at 3:00am and removed my shoes.

On Sunday September 27th at approximately 8:50am, I glued two squares of canvas to the sole of each shoe, one at the heel and one at the toe. I then left home to go to work. It was raining outside which caused the pieces to fall off almost immediately.

Later on Sunday September 27th at approximately 10:00 am, I glued one square of canvas to the sole of my right shoe at the toe. At 12:00pm, I removed this canvas and replaced it with a clean square. This action was repeated every two hours during my 9 hour shift until approximately 6:00pm.

On Monday September 28th at approximately 6:30 am, I glued two squares of canvas to the sole of each shoe, one at the heel and one at the toe. I then left home to go into Boston for class. In walking from the Mission Hill building at the SMFA to the main building and back, all but one square fell off before 9:00am.

Thus...13 "paintings" were made.

No comments:

Post a Comment