Saturday, September 24, 2011

Observed on December 25

I began this project just after Christmas this past year. In thinking about gift giving and the stress and frustration that comes with a holiday where, for many, gift giving has become a requirement. I decided to opt out..not to opt out entirely, but to reject the pressure placed on this single day of the year. Christmas means something different to everyone… For many though, the holiday becomes about buying. Money is tight and time moves quickly. I still wanted to take the time to give to those around me, but I wanted to actually take time to do it. I wanted to focus on the individual.  I formulated a list with names and gift ideas that is constantly in flux. Every time I can, I get something from this list and give the belated Christmas gift.










Unfortunately this is where this project ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment